This is my first blog and first post, I mainly created this blog to archive all my musings and discoveries mainly in the world of Sitecore.
We recently had a requirement when one of our external vendors required that our media URLs should not include the "~" in the link as their system could not process those correctly. I found a few articles in the web, but most of them would suggest changing the default behavior, i.e. any "new" media item would have the 'new' replacement character though still supporting the tilde "~". Based on the web articles, I started with the following config keys and section: Media.RequestExtension Media.MediaLinkPrefix customHandlers We did not want to change any of the default behaviors, we just needed a way to make Sitecore support the additional URL media prefix. While sifting through the configuration, I chanced upon the following section: <mediaPrefixes> According to the comment above it: Allows you to configure additional media prefixes (in addition to the prefix defined by the Media.MediaLinkPrefix setting) The